May 4, 2008

Rainy, lazy weekends



What else is there to do on lazy rainy weekends but watch tv and hope for the best? Had my mom over yesterday at home. We brought her over to the korean grocery Jang Teu (which sounds more like jun-kuh, lol!) and bought some lovely lovely kimchee stuff for moi, and basic necessities for my mom. Am slightly worried about her because we found out that she has to have a "minor" procedure done on her heart. I don't even know all the details but it sounds like a pacemaker is what she might need.

Anyways, more of that later..her appointment is for this Tuesday. I feel horrible because even though I call her almost everyday, she hadn't said anything to me because she didn't want to "burden" us with her troubles. sigh... My sis will be with her all day on Tuesday so...

On top of that, while we were at the korean grocery I found out that Hellen's son Vaughn is back in hospital for more rounds of chemo. No wonder no one was returning my emails and calls. Vaughn's only 3 but has been fighting cancer most of his life now. Trying to figure out how to help out here but it's hard when you can't reach them and apparently, can't visit (for fear of germs and virus-he can't fight them off). sigh....

Can only hope for the best and be grateful for everything in our lives...



Meanwhile, it's been a rainy weekend and we've been watching old Mickey Mouse cartoons (that Keira finds hystrerical) and planning our garden. Anything to keep my mind from going into the doldrums about my mom and Hellen. I pray for Vaughn to get better...

2 comments:

Audrey said...

Isn't it stressful when our parents age? Hope all goes well on Tuesday...I'll be thinking of your mom. Hope Vaughn gets better too. That is so rough.

joyce said...

Keira is so pretty. Those pictures are amazing.

I'll be thinking of your mom too. Keep us posted on Vaughn. I can't even imagine what that must be like.