October 2, 2012

throw a penny in the wishing well - jennifer gasoi

jennifergasoi
Jennifer Gasoi
rialto

Last weekend, I went to a CD launch concert at the famed Rialto Theatre on avenue du Parc here in Montreal. Actually, the story doesn't start here. It started way back before summer began this year. I was contacted by someone who had seen my last design project and asked to meet with me for her project. Her name... Jennifer Gasoi.

After having met Jennifer for the first time to discuss her design needs I came away with this impression of her: incredible, highly intuitive, creative and a damn amazing singer songwriter! I was incredibly excited to start designing her new CD. She was in the midst of sending out an outline of what she wanted for the face cover illustration from the wonderfully talented illustrator Adolie Day and I was happy to help out with colour suggestions and placement. Please check out Adolie's blog; it showcases her talent and whimsical artwork.

I spent the entire summer designing this CD with Jennifer and I can honestly say, it came out beautifully. There are always design challenges and I think we met all of them.

Jennifer Gasoi
Jennifer Gasoi

Last Sunday was Jennifer's concert launch of her new CD, Throw a Penny in the Wishing Well and it was a toe-tapping, hand-clapping great time! The Rialto is such a beautiful theatre and it was the perfect backdrop to Jennifer's energetic spirit. I was sitting with a reporter from the CBC and her young son, and at one point, her turned to his mom and said, "mom, my whole body is loving this song!". What a cute kiddo!

You can listen & enjoy some of the songs here: www.jennifergasoi.com and pre-order her new CD here.

It was such an honour and pleasure to work with Jennifer, I love her high spirits and beautiful personality. You will fall in love with her music! If not Jennifer herself (just like I did).

Here's hoping to success and the road to the Juno's for Jennifer!

For more information on where to pre-order your copy of the new cd, please click here.
You can connect with Jennifer and stay up to date on concerts and info on her Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/JenniferGasoiMusic

Jennifer Gasoi



1 comment:

sheri fujihara chen said...

Wow how exciting! And that CD cover is the cutest evar!!